Friday | 2:00 p.m. (Brasilia time)
The relevance and challenges for Pay TV during pandemics
At a time when social isolation measures have confined millions of people to their homes, subscriber TV is on the increase as an important source of information, education and entertainment for Brazilians. For more families to be able to access their varied schedules during the quarantine, subscriber TV operators and schedulers have temporarily freed up the signals for a range of channels. At the same time, the companies in the industry have had to deal with restrictions on circulation in various cities in order to guarantee signal distribution and network maintenance across Brazil.
It is this scenario of challenges and opportunities that that will be discussed by some of Brazil’s largest subscriber TV operators and schedulers. The agenda includes:
– The importance of subscriber TV as a vehicle for information and debates about the Covid-19 pandemic, with round-the-clock journalism channels.
– The relevance of subscriber TV as a means of child education and entertainment, assisting families during the school recess period.
– Record subscriber TV audiences with a greater number of people at home, especially news, children’s and entertainment channels.
– The technological challenges of subscriber TV operators to meet the high demand from subscribers during social isolation.
– The social role of subscriber TV operators and schedulers by freeing up signals to non-subscribers during the pandemic.